Frequently Asked Questions
- What should I do if my video will not play?
- What payment methods does GogoTraining accept?
- Can I use my bank ATM card?
- How do I apply a coupon code to my purchase?
- What ports must be open to be able to view the recordings?
- Where can I change my password?
- Why is the video buffering?
What should I do if my video will not play?
There are many things that can affect the quality of your video so we have put together these instructions to help you review all the things that need to be tested in order to trouble-shoot video quality.
The first thing we want to assure you is that we have done everything possible to make sure that our videos will play well. Our videos are hosted in the cloud by Akamai. Akamai has servers around the world to make sure that your videos are sent from the server that is closest to you. By hosting our videos with Akamai we make sure that you receive the highest video quality. If you are experiencing video buffering or freezing at home or at the office there are a number of things you can do to help us troubleshoot.
- Popup Blockers: Please check to make sure that your pop-up blocker is turned off when you go to our website. This will prevent the video window from opening.
- Your Connection Speed: Internet speed needs to be 2.0 Mbps upload and download to successfully watch the videos. You will want to check and see if your connection speed is 2.0 Mbps or higher. You can do this by clicking on this link and running a speed test.
Jitter and Packet Loss: Your Jitter rate
lets us know if your connection speed is consistent while
your Packet Loss rate lets us know if your internet
connection could be losing pieces of the video.
- Go to https://www.dotcom-tools.com/ping-test.aspx to determine if there is any Jitter or Packet Loss on your connection.
This is measured by a letter scale with A being the best.
- If your Packet Loss is below a B, your connection is losing pieces of the video and causing the video to skip.
- If your Jitter is below a B, your connection speed is very inconsistent and may be changing while you are watching the video which will result in buffering issues.
- If either of these is the case you will need to contact your internet provider.
Ports: You will need to have ports 1935,
443 and 80 open. You can
run a port test at this link.
- If you are watching from work and those ports are not open, check with your IT department.
- Shared Internet Connection: If you are on a shared internet connection, test playing videos during non-peak hours when usage by others on your network is low.
- Reset Your Browser: If you've tried all the previous steps, your browser may be retaining data that needs to be deleted, and this requires a reset. If you are using Chrome, use the instructions in this link to reset your browser. If you are using Internet Explorer (IE) you may need to reset it. You can do this by clicking on the cog icon on the top right of your page. Then click on tools, internet options, advanced and reset. If you are using Firefox, use the instructions in this link to reset your browser.
Other things to check:
At home or at work, test using different browsers
and computers to see if you get the same result.
- Make sure you have the latest version of the browser you are using.
- If you are using Internet Explorer (IE) you may need to reset it. You can do this by clicking on the cog icon on the top right of your page. Then click on tools, internet options, advanced and reset.
- Try from a different location using a different network.
- If you are on a wireless connection try a wired solution.
If you are on a home network:
- Test playing the videos when you are the only user on the network.
- Try by-passing your router to eliminate it as the point of failure. A direct plug from your ISP to your computer will take care of this and will make sure that neither your router nor other users are affecting your connection.
- If you are running Firefox, you can check your plugins here: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/
- At home or at work, test using different browsers and computers to see if you get the same result.
- Make sure you do not have any other programs open. File sharing and peer to peer sharing programs, even when limited to low bandwidth, can make it almost impossible to stream properly.
- Tracking Progress on Mobile Devices: The GogoTraining site is designed to use the native player found in your browser. If you are taking your course on a mobile device and want to make sure your progress is tracked, then you will need to play the videos from the native player that is in your browser. Do not download any third party apps to play the videos as they do not allow your progress to be recorded. If you have installed a third party app and want to receive a Course Completion Certificate, then you will need to uninstall the 3rd party app or see if the app has the ability for you to disable it for certain sites.
- Submitting Debugging Information If you have tried everything else and still are having trouble viewing the videos, you can visit this page where you can help us debug your particular setup by following the instructions on the page and submit the debugging information to us.
What payment methods does GogoTraining accept?
GogoTraining offers you the ability to make a purchase by Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express. Contact us with inquiries on other payment options.
Can I use my bank ATM card?
Yes as long as your ATM bank card is set up with either a Visa or MasterCard credit. The transaction will be made as a credit card purchase. You will not be able to process a payment with a credit card that requires a personal identification number (PIN).
How do I apply a coupon code to my purchase?
- Login to Gogotraining.com. If you have not set up an account, please register now for a free account and then make sure you are logged in.
- Select the course you wish to purchase.
- Click on the shopping cart icon at the top right of the page.
- Enter your coupon code at the top of the form and click "Apply Coupon." This will return a verification of "Coupon Valid". Be sure that the new value matches the value of your coupon.
- Finish the purchasing process.
- The course will then be put into your account and you can start your training at any time.
What ports must be open to be able to view the recordings?
In order to view the modules, you must have ports 80 and 1935 open. Check with your network administrator.
Where can I change my password?
Steps to change your password:
- Login to your GogoTraining account.
- In the upper right hand corner of the page, select My Account. This will take you to your profile page.
- In the left column, under the Dashboard section, select Edit My Profile.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Change My Password.
- Complete the New Password and Confirm New Password section and select Submit.
Why is the video buffering?
Most cases of video freezing/buffering is caused to bandwidth issues. Please check the following to determine if your connection speed is too slow to stream the video:
- What is your connection speed? You can go to www.testmy.net and run a speed test for up/down speed.
- Do you share a bandwidth connection with others? Does your IT department have a policy in place that throttles back the available bandwidth during peak hours?
- If you're behind a firewall are ports 1935, 443, and 80 open for flash video delivery? You can run a port test here.